Bingocize combines a bingo-like game with exercise and health education. The program has been shown to increase older adults' functional fitness, health knowledge, and social engagement.
About the class
Participants play Bingocize® for one hour 2 times per week for 10 weeks. It can be played from the comforts of your home or in a traditional face-to-face setting.
Each session begins with a warm up and ends with a cool down. Participants rest while numbers are called for the bingo game, then complete exercises or health education questions, then rest during number calling, and so on. This pattern is continued until a Bingocizer wins the game. Exercises can be completed either sitting or standing.
Classes are designed to help participants:
- Improve and/or maintain mobility and independence
- Learn and use health information focused on falls reduction and other health-related behaviors
- Engage with other older adults in social settings or virtually
There are three modules to choose (also available in Spanish)
- Exercise Only OR
- Falls Prevention OR
- Nutrition (nutrients, fiber, protein, budget friendly shopping, healthy food choices and hydration)
Benefits of the class
- Improved lower/upper body strength, gait, balance, and range of motion
- Improved cognitive function
- Increased social engagement
- Improved knowledge of falls risk reduction and other important health topics
Who should take the class
The program targets sedentary older adults at all ability levels, in a variety of settings, including nursing facilities, assisted living, independent living, and community senior centers.
Spouses, significant others, family members and friends are welcome to join!
All IL Pathways to Health Classes
Take Charge - Live Well